28 January 2013

Happy New Year!

It's been WAY WAY too long since I've posted here.  I've gone on many interesting trips and have started to compose travelogues.  I have gone through the liturgical seasons of Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany in the Southern Hemisphere which has required me to be very intentional about how I experience these seasons since the "body memories" of the darkness of Advent turning to the light of Christmas and the ever-lengthening days of Epiphany have been turned upside down.

Meanwhile, a new year is upon us.  I've been in NZ almost a year and I've learnt heaps.  One thing I know is that it's not yet time to go.  At least I don't think it is.  The visas have not yet been approved for another year although I've signed the contract with my employer.  I've loved my job and after a year with the medical students, I've just started to feel like I'm learning the ropes.

This is a beautiful country and I've had the opportunity to share it with friends and family.  My parents are here now, as is my niece, Christina, who is taking a semester away from her University studies in the US and helping us out with Kate.

It's time for me to post some pictures and to write about some of our wonderful travels as well as for me to share some of my musings and insights.  However, life is just so busy and time passes by so quickly.  In the meantime, my computer has slowed down to a snail's pace and is on its last legs.  When I finally am able to buy a new one (hopefully soon), I think blogging (as well as working on things for the teaching aspect of my job) will be a whole lot easier.

Meanwhile, I hope those of you who have read and followed my stories here will stay tuned.  As the kiwis like to say, "Watch this space!"

No comments: